Monday, December 16, 2013


~ Missing My Dad ~

James Edward Daniel, Sr.

During the holiday season the experiences held by loved ones that have left this earth, can sometimes make us sad.  I miss my dad dearly because this was a time of year where he would turn it on.  He did all of the decorating with me by his side.  I miss his spirit, the love that he gave to me and just being my guy.  The best a girl could ask for.  I love him and miss him dearly and as I was searching through messages from the time of his death and this message from my dear friend Toni, really touched my heart and it explains my Dad in a poetic way.  As I walk through this holiday season, I pray that I will embrace his spirit and walk in Joy and Peace knowing that he lived a good life and his legacy lives in me.

"In the middle of the afternoon, I am struck by the adulatory notion of joy--the simple and easy joy expressed by the radiant soul of beauty of family--overflowing, breathing, dancing. With no uncertainty, he has not left but looks and guides all in his charge and under his watch towards the gifts of love, health and prosperity. Follow your dreams and he will be honored. For clearly this man possessed a destiny and each one of you continue to be part of it." Toni Orrill


Dedra

No comments:

Post a Comment