Monday, October 14, 2013

A Graceful Holiday - Blog I
“Season of Peace”

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
                                                                                        Ecclesiastes 3:1


Prayer for Today:
I pray that you will quiet your spirit to feel God’s loving presence throughout your day.  In Jesus’ name we pray.  Amen.

Reflection Corner:
Over the years, the holiday season was a time that was all hustle and bustle and at times the peace was not there for me.  I was in the spirit of keeping up with schedules to plan parties, decorate the house, coordinate school functions, etc. it was often overwhelming, especially as a young mother. 

Over time I realized that I am my best self when I am centered and at a pace that is soothing to my spirit.  Trying to do it all when you lose yourself in the schedule of the holiday is a disservice to your soul, it definitely trickles out to the one’s you love most and it is not what the season is about.

Taking the time to stop and quiet yourself to listen to God with an open heart is truly a blessing.  It brings joy, peace and love into your being.  It definitely puts things into perspective, and gives you the guidance necessary to walk in the journey of this season in peace. 

A special gift that you can give to yourself as you enter the season, is to create what I call the “Soul Celebration Space.”  This is your space to have your quiet moments with yourself and God, to pray, meditate or whatever your heart desires, it’s up to you.  This space will be your reminder to take solace throughout this busy time of the year.  To open your heart for guidance so that you can walk through the holiday that is known for peace, joy and love…and say boldly, bring it on ~ I’m ready!

Activity Inspiration:
Personal “Soul Celebration” Space
Imagine a space that when you enter, you instantly take a deep breath and release all that does not move you in a positive space.  This beautiful soul space is your way of honoring God and yourself.  It will give you the opportunity to have some alone time with your creator.  This time is essential to our well-being, especially when we are embarking on a busy season.  Have a space whether it is indoors or outdoors that feels good to your spirit  There are no right and wrongs, because what pampers your soul is an individual blessing.   My quiet space is sitting on a bench in my neighborhood overlooking the lake.  Whether it is cloudy outside or a sunny day, I go there and instantly I am quieted by the presence of God.  


Journal:


  1. Where will you create your soul celebration space?
  2. What time will you make each day to go to your space?
  3. What specialty items will you bring to this space that will infuse the light of God to bring peace to your space?
PLEASE MAKE COMMENTS AND SHARE YOUR SOUL CELEBRATION LOOKS/FEEL LIKE!  XOXO
Dedra

No comments:

Post a Comment